- Each candle has up to 3.5lb of pure American soy wax, soy tends to burn cleaner and last longer than paraffin wax. When you purchase soy wax candles from Chestnut Ridge Candle Co. you are helping the American farmer with his/her crop.
- Optional iron stand is available in on the Accessories Page
- Our wooden dough bowls are hand carved and no two bowls are the same. The average size is 14" X 9.5" x 2.5". There are grooves, gouges, scratches, minor cracks and knife marks which are the unique characteristics of these beaufiul bowls, these are not defects. The uniqueness of the wood will have knots and variations of color.
- Soy wax is biodegradable and is easily cleaned up with warm soapy water and soft cloth which makes re purposing the candle bowl afterwards easy!
- Candle safety is our #1 PRIORITY with our dough bowl candles, never leave a candle burning unattended!
- One important rule is to trim candle wicks to 1/4 inch each time before burning. This will give you a much cleaner burn - to ensure the burnt wick won’t fall into the melted wax!
- Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep. Please NEVER leave a burning candle unattended!
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch on fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding,carpets, books, paper, flammable items, and decorations.
- Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when a 3/8″ wax remains in the container. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface and prevent glass/wooden containers from cracking or breaking.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and air currents.This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and smoking. Drafts can also blow lightweight curtains or papers into the flame where they could catch fire. NEVER burn a candle under a ceiling fan or near an A/C vent!
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times. If left in the wax pool, they could catch fire when you next light your candle.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Today’s newer homes are built very airtight nowadays and the air exchange rate is very low.
- NEVER touch or move a container candle when the wax is liquid or molten. The outside of the container will still be hot to the touch - and can cause stains, burns, or damage.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do NOT place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children or pets.
6 WICK DOUGH BOWL